- => High Security Standards and System Logs of Transactions.
- => The PAO's applications would have the following security requirements in place for effecting e-payments
- 128 Bit PKI encryption.
- Integrity of information: Hash Algorithm (SHA1): security standards are designed to ensure confidentiality of data, authenticity of data and integrity of data being conveyed on the internet by PAOs to the bank.
- Non-repudiation – Key generation / Digital Signature based on 128 Bit PKI Infrastructure (as recommended by RBI)
- => Digitally Signed e-payment Authorisation along with Itemised tracking of each e-payment authorisation and automated reconcilation.
The Controller General of Accounts is launching a full-fledged electronic delivery of payment services through the Internet. To enable this, an Government e-Payment Gateway is envisaged as a critical infrastructural component to ensure that such transactions occur without any hitches and in total security over electronic networks. This component has multiple benefits, with critical ones being multiple payment options, secure transmission, payment settlements and rapid processing. The e-Payment Gateway will provide an operational component of the e-Governance infrastructure and a full payment facility that will allow secure online payments (e-Payments). The e-Payment Gateway will operate as a critical shared service with the COMPACT application at PAOs and Core Banking Solution of Banks.
The goal of the e-payment gateway is expected to provide a mechanism to handle all Government payments transactions by the Pay and Accounts Offices of the Government of India. The e-payment gateway is a key enabler to the successful delivery of payment services and would increase the adoption of e-services due to its efficiency and ease-of-use. It would provide a single point of access for all Pay and Accounts Offices that serves all Central Government Ministries and Departments for online payment transactions. In addition, all Government payment transactions would be allowed to be searched and collated.
Ozg Banking Consultant
Ozg Consulting Private Limited
Visit @ http://banking.ozg.in
Join: => facebook.com/banking.ozg.in
Watch Ozg Banking TV @ banking.ozg.tv